Kibbeh Nayyeh is a Lebanese dish that's typically made with raw lamb, bulgur and spices. This adaptation made with Bluefin Chūtoro is delightfully rich and creamy and yet it's light enough to serve as a canapé with some crisp pita chips dusted with citrusy sumac.
- To prepare the pita chips, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the pita bread into 8 wedges and then split each wedge in half by pulling the top half apart from the bottom half.
- Lay the pita out on a baking sheet with the split half facing upwards and brush each piece with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake until crisp and just starting to brown (about 15 minutes). Remove the chips from the oven and let them cool. Dust with some salt and sumac. The chips can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- For the Kibbeh, add the tuna, onion, mint, cinnamon, allspice, black pepper, coriander, ginger and salt to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture into a plate or bowl and then sprinkle with sumac and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with pita chips.
Category : Appetizer
Preparation time : 20 min
Cooking time : 15 min
- for chips
- 2 small pita bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- for dip
- 225 grams bluefin tuna chūtoro, finely chopped
- 40 grams sweet onion, grated
- 3 grams mint, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon saltsumac
- olive oil